Unit balconies are a common feature in apartments and condos. They are an extension of the living space that is located on the exterior of the building. Unit balconies can be found on both sides of a building, or they can be found only on one side depending on what type they are. Unit balconies come in all shapes and sizes, but they’re typically around 2×3 feet wide and tall, with a railing around them to prevent people from falling off.
Unit balconies are a part of the building that is located on the outside of the building and has windows and doors that lead out onto them. They usually come in one or two units, depending on the size of the building. These balconies can be accessed from inside of your apartment or condo, so you don’t need to go outside in order to access them.
- Open-air balconies: These balconies have open sides with no walls. They are usually located at the top floor of a building and they can be accessed via a staircase or an elevator.
- Semi-enclosed balconies: These balconies have walls that do not cover the entire area but still offer protection from the elements. They are usually located on the second or third floor of a building and they can be accessed via an elevator or stairs.
- Enclosed balconies: These balconies have walls that fully cover the area and offer protection from rain, wind, sun, and other elements. They are usually located on the ground floor of a building and they can be accessed via an elevator or stairs.
- Semi-private: These balconies have an entrance from both inside and outside, but there are two ways in which it can be accessed – one for residents and one for visitors.
- Private: These balconies have an entrance from outside only, and they are not accessible to the public.
The costs of building balconies are dependent on the type of building, and the size of the balcony. The cost can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars.
The cost of building balconies can vary depending on the size and materials used. Generally, steel balconies are cheaper than concrete or wood ones but they require more maintenance. On the other hand, wood or concrete balconies are generally more expensive but require less maintenance over time and will last longer.
Some materials used to build balconies are:
- Wooden boards
- Metal plates
- Steel beams
- Concrete slabs
Wood: Wood is popular due to the way it ages and how it can be customized to the homeowner’s taste. It is also relatively inexpensive when compared with other materials.
Aluminum: Aluminum is a good option for those looking for a more modern look. It is also durable and requires less maintenance than wood or vinyl.
Vinyl: Vinyl is typically the cheapest option, but it isn’t as durable as aluminum and doesn’t have the same aesthetic appeal as wood or aluminum.
Metal: Metal is a more expensive material that will last longer than wood but costs more.
Concrete: Concrete is the most expensive material to use for a balcony and it lasts the longest.